Custom products to solve your problems
If your agency’s project has a digital component, our team of software developers, visual designers, writers, and security experts can help you build it. We can help you:
- Improve a challenging user process by reimagining a daunting task, as we did with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service and their immigration and visa processes.
- Build a new site and API to showcase and synthesize data from multiple sources, as we did with Department of Education’s College Scorecard.
- Help you make your data more accessible with a user-friendly site and developer tools, as we did with the Federal Election Commission.
- Build web-based tools to streamline internal agency processes, as we did with Communicart and CALC.
- Scope a solution or collaborate on an idea in a way that empowers you to meet the needs of your users, as we did with the Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division.
- Do user research and discovery sprints to promote a new digital model that houses information, as we did with NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Climate Discovery project.
Innovative ways to buy technology
We believe federal IT acquisitions can be faster, cheaper, and produce better results. If your agency is developing a new request for quotation for IT services or is interested in innovative ways to buy technology, our team is excited to work with you. We can help you:
- Write agile, modular, and user-centered design into your request for quotations through our RFP Ghostwriting service, like we did with the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Develop a marketplace to buy IT services using modern techniques, like we did with the Agile Blanket Purchase Agreement.
- Buy small pieces of open source code to advance your projects, like we’re doing with our micro-purchase platform.
Platforms built for government
Federal agencies face a unique set of technology problems. We’re building a suite of secure, scalable tools and platforms that any agency can use to solve these common problems. Our platforms are built with the needs of government addressed right at the beginning and are being actively improved to meet your needs. We can help you:
A path to becoming a digitally-powered organization
We can embed a fully-dedicated 18F team within your agency to work hand-in-hand with you to increase your internal digital capacity, help you form new digital habits, and ultimately drive organizational culture change. We can help you:
- Attract, empower, and grow your own digital team.
- Adopt a DevOps culture and begin a transition to the cloud.
- Institute lean-agile practices, including agile acquisitions.
- Establish a model to modernize your legacy systems.
Modern digital service techniques
We can provide your team with the skills and knowledge they need to modernize your agency’s digital services. We’ve also built a number of knowledge-sharing and documentation tools for 18F’s own use that you can copy and use at your agency. We can help you:
- Run a workshop on agile software development, like the Lego workshop we did with the Small Business Administration or the longer one we did with the Social Security Administration.
- Host a design studio, like we did with the Department of the Interior.
- Create your own lightweight knowledge sharing platform based off 18F’s Guides and Pages projects.